Voting

It's the boys - woofnwooly

Wednesday 13 April 2011

Wonderwool 2011



Hi Folks
I had a great time last Saturday with Anj, Shirley and Erin as we went to Wonderwool Wales in Builth Wells Wales.

It was a fabulous time, I think I visited all the stalls 3 times, but was very careful when it came to purchasing (which makes a change)and bought just a few items that caught my eye. I seriously had to fight off the urge to buy a Timbertops Beaver spinning wheel, that my friend Joan at Woodland Turnery had restored beautifully (it had suffered at the claws of a cat). Which one takes precedent wheel or cat? Mmmm the cat has to go. Anyway another wheel would not have fitted into Chez Nous here in Bristol, so off I went to find something to take my mind off of it.

I bought a colour wheel in an effort to understand colours and how to use them porperly when dying and choosing which colour goes with which, also some luxury yarns that I can dye and hopefully use to make something nice for my Mum for winter. I'm no great knitter or crocheter but I will find a small scarflette to crochet in cashmere. I bought some Wenslwydale roving from Wensledale, some nice dyed roving and some roving from a lady who wasn't at the show but had left it to be sold through the British Coloured Sheep Breeders Association, a really nice bunch of people who's group I used to belong to many years ago (and yes I have rejoined). I wanted to buy a fleece from the missing lady Lesley Wickham as I know her fleeces are excellent quality - still some pencil roving will do for now. I also bought some black Alpaca from a man from Pembroke who informed me that the poor animal was no longer alive as it had been mauled by a dog owned by the alpaca's new owner. A very sorry tale and a sad ending to a beautiful young alpaca with an amazing fleece.

So that's it all over for another year, but I have plenty to see and do in the coming year, a visit to a farm to choose some fleece, a fleece fair in June an agricultural show to do some demoing and Fibrefest straight after the demo (same week)so I'm going to be nicely busy.
I hope April is turning out nicely for all of you wherever you are.

Hugz

Keith x

1 comment:

  1. Hi Keith, I hope you are well. It's been a while since I last came spinning cos I've been having babies... well, one so far and number 2 on the way! Are you still spinning? And do spin dye weavers still exist? Web presence (or lack of) seems to suggest not...? Abby xxx

    ReplyDelete