Voting

It's the boys - woofnwooly

Saturday 3 April 2010

OMG where have I been?

I can't belive that it was in March that I last blogged. Where has all the time gone?
We had our meeting on the 27th March and had a great time. Dyes everywhere and everybody looked as though they meant business. We started off with a bit of a show and tell and then decided to get on down and do some work. I decided that I really should try using more vibrant colours in the reds and browns and add a little black to tone it down. So I did and the result is "Fire Glow", a lovely mix of reds, oranges, browns, bluish grey and black. It does look like the glow of embers in a fire. Well see what you think, I'll put the pics at the end.
We had some great colour combinations with, Gill taking inspiration from some Iris's and Chris producing her own version of 'fruit pastilles'. It was yet again a good day, with time flying by and it was 4pm before we knew it.
I bought a "fishermans bag" the other day as I wanted to have a bag that would carry everything for spinning, including my 'niddy noddy' and 'lazy kate'. And it does the job well.
It's very "manly" - green canvas and has loads of pockets.
It came complete with 8 plastic boxes that would normally hold 'flies and weights' etc. What I'll do with these I do not know.
Well Easter is here and I must carry on spinning my yellow fleece, we wont be going anywhere so it will be a quiet affair. But I have had confirmation that my car has been ordered and may well be with me in May, that will allow us to have some nice days out this year and I think my huzbear deserves some nice time out.
Oh well that's all for now folks.
Speak soon
Hugz
Keith


3 comments:

  1. Well you could always start fishing! But then you would need another bag, and you would still have spare flies and weights stuff.
    Such are the imponderables of life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really lovely colours, this is where I am very much at the moment with the warmth and comfort of winter grate colours, but with spring around the corner..

    Also, where does time go? looking forward to seeing this spun and then I can see where your time goes... !!!
    hugs
    Shani

    ReplyDelete
  3. I reckon you could warm your hands on that fibre, it truly does look like embers. Really looking forward to seeing how it spins up.

    ReplyDelete