Voting

It's the boys - woofnwooly

Tuesday 23 February 2010



Hi Folks
Another day another blog, well after dying the pumpkin I decided to have a go at dyeing the silk/cotton mix I have had for ages. Not a problem all went well, I did it in the microwave ( I know I shouldn't use the house one) to save time and it wasn't a big skein - just a little one for practise. It came out quite well - but I'm not happy with the colours. They just don't stand out enough against the pumpkin. So I going to send away to a site on Ebay that sells lovely jewel coloured silks, that will brighten up the whole thing.
I also completed the Navajo Plyed yarn Candy Twist, and was very surprised that after a wash and a good thwacking the yarn has relaxed (it looked sooo overtwisted) and looks and feels good.
Our monthly meeting is the end of this week and I'm looking forward to that, but it seems Shani and Brucie may not be able to come so, we will have to postpone the big dyeing project we had planned. No probs, we'll still be here.
Winter is still with us and has shown us a liitle snow, but it doesn't settle and maybe it's for the best. No more falling over pleeeese. I must admit I can't wait for Spring tho'.
That's just about all for now.
Speak soon
Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment