Voting

It's the boys - woofnwooly

Tuesday 9 February 2010

A new year a new blog...

Hi Folks

Well here's my first blog of this year 2010.

Great start to the week, I was sooo busy doing the washing and trying to get a lot done in the morning yesterday, that my speedy little self came a cropper in the bathroom. I was putting out clean towels etc. and had dropped the toilet surround on the floor, I turned around twisting the toilet surround and slammed to the floor like a sack o' spuds. Ooh that hurt! Fortunately I had almost finished the washing/drying, so it was eventually off to bed with a heat pack and some serious painkillers. Spent the night heating the area and bed with my heat packs and today I'm up and about with some trepidation ( I gave the toilet surround a good telling off)!

So whats new on the woolly side of my life, not a lot really. I need to get a load of vinegar to help dye my welsh X yarn (I'm gonna call it corn field)I think. Then it's the continuing saga of flick carding my merino/wensley and finish off making batts of my Zwartbles.
I had a go at spinning some of the merino/bamboo roving from the last Spindyeweavers meeting, a blue and white confection, I have called Spearmint Ice. A beautiful colour too.

We lost our Zebra finch last week (Fern), she too was very old, so that is goodbye to Patsy (Kakariki) and Fern. Both were elderly, but had had comfortable lives.

Now we are left with our budgies, Charlie, Reggie and Ronnie. Do those names sound familiar to you?? Remember the Krays. Well it's one male and 2 females, Charlie is the male and the other 2 were given names not knowing what sex they were. Spring is here according to them as they are in prime bonking condition. Do we put nesting boxes up - NO - not until we get another male. They have got to have a husband each, as poor old Charlie has enough to put up with at the moment, they run him ragged as it is.

Well that's all folks for today, speak soon.

Hugz

Keith

1 comment:

  1. Ooh that sounded painful, and sorry to hear about the birds..

    take care and see you soons..
    Shani

    ReplyDelete