Voting

It's the boys - woofnwooly

Sunday 30 January 2011

Our first main meeting of the new year

Hi Folks
Yesterday we had our first main meeting of the year and it was really good. The members of SpinDyeWeavers are great people turning up on a freezing morning to sit and spin,dye and chew the fat. Rosemary who lives nearer to Cheddar than Bristol came along and showed us what a demon dyer she is, creating great colour combinations. I dyed a modest amount of Falkland roving in the colours of 'Spring is Sprung', (yellows and greens)to those who haven't seen my previous posts, and this is to be inserted into my current weaving project. I brought it down to show my feeble attempt so far but was encouraged by my peers who liked the differing textures using 'pick-up' sticks.
Thank you to the wonderful Anj who gave me an idea as to what to do with the Wensly/Merino that has taken me an age to spin and ply from the fleece. I have about 800 yards of soft bulky yarn and she suggested dying it and weaving a blanket for the car, so that's what I'm gonna do.
I had hoped the wool picker would have been here ready for us to gawp at and have a go with, but it wasn't. I received a messaged from the maker to say it will be here within the next 2 days. Well at least it will be here this month, ready for the mid Feb meeting.
Well that's about all for now, I'm gonna go and make the lunch for today Pork Loin Steaks with our fave veggie the Butternut Squash.
Take care folks
Hugs
Keith x

1 comment:

  1. Sounds incredibly productive.. and the post made me smile as I can visualise all of you problem solving !! well done.. I can't wait to see the photos and hear more about the wool picker.

    Best wishes Shani

    ReplyDelete